Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wooden Stools To Refinish...

Found these on kijiji... from people in the next community over!.. so close that we picked them up on the way home today!..  got them both for $10!.. an excellent find!.. I'm going to dent and scratch up the tops a little and then stain them with the ebony stain that I picked up a few weeks back...



The legs will be painted cream to match the kitchen table that I'm going to redo... I'm planning on getting these done this weekend... along with the small chair that I stripped last weekend... that chair will be painted in the same way as these... 



The little chair that I stripped last weekend needs a little more sanding though... only the big sanders that I'm using (thanks A&B for lending me your sanders!) couldn't get in around the spindles so that I could fully get it ready to be painted... so on the way home from work today Furs and I stopped at Home Depot to pickup this...


What's that!?. you can't see it?.. there is something in the way you say?..  Cleo kept head butting the camera when I was trying to get a few snaps of this item...


Oh you can almost see it now...


It's a Black & Decker...


mouse sander!..


I can't wait to break it out this weekend!.. it was marked as $59.99... but when we rang it in it came up at $49.99!..  It has a couple contoured pieces and then a tip attachment piece to get into small spots... see the second picture in the picture just above!?. it shows the mouse sanding the seat around the spindles!..

I'm going to be linking up to a few linky parties... I'll list them here as I link up!..

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lacey ~ You're going to have a lot of fun with those stools and your new sander! Don't forget to share the reveal! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great price on those stools! Have fun with your sander, can't wait to see the results:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are going to be a fun makeover. I have considered getting a sander myself...can't wait to see the after. Thanks for joining me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great deal you got here on these stools...hop over and join us at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY and show them off!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that you will really enjoy that sander and your stools will be fun projects. I'll look forward to seeing them when you are finished!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there- the stools will be super charming when finished- I love little power tools and your sander will definitely come in handy for lot's of great projects! Stopping by from Debbies- pop on over and say hello sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get working on these this weekend! Stay tuned for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lacey,
    Back again to say thank so much for joining Feathered Nest Friday! I'll be following along and can't wait to see the reveal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds!! I can't wait to see them all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll love the sander. So much you can do with it and it gets a little addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun! Power tools!
    Thanks for linking to Making It With Allie!
    I can't wait to see what you have next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!