Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Loves A Long Weekend!..

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Who doesn't!?. Accomplished quite a bit... that small table... the second wingback chair is now stripped and in the process of being refoamed and reupholstered... hopefully I can get it completed now over the next couple of nights... we'll see how that goes... I'm paying dearly for the sanding and staple removal now... my forearm and finger tendons are sore and my knuckles are just aching... one year sculpting using pneumatic tools just hooped my arm and finger tendons...


I grabbed a quick shot of the front room that is in the process of being revamped... you can see the second wingback chair that I'm working on now in the bottom left of the picture... I still need to make the cushion cover for the first chair that is at the top left... Ooo... and all of that other clutter up in the top right in there are upcoming projects... stay tuned for those!.. 


I've really begun to build up supplies now after the past couple weeks... paints and paint gun... sand papers... I'm thinking I'm soon going to need a storage box or tool box perhaps...


I got these two shots on Saturday while we were at the neibs for Turkey Dins... The above shot is Sadie and the one below is Indy...


They're just the sweetest pups...  And here are a few food shots from the weekend...  lots of food was cooked, baked and eaten!..


Potatoes to be riced... I love this colander...


The all important TURKEY!.. Om nom nom nom...


Peas pudding... if you've never had this you must try it... I boiled ours for a couple hours with a cut up onion, salt and beef oxo in the water... we didn't have salt meat to throw in the pot while the peas were cooking... and then I use my stick blender to puree them smooth with lots of butter, salt and pepper... Mmm...


Meaty stuffing!.. this was our first time eating meat stuffing... um... its delish...


And I had to nab a shot of one of Amy's beautiful knives...


Yesterday was leftover turkey time... OMG!.. Fries with dressing and gravy and an open faced hot turkey sandwich... LEFTOVER HEAVEN!..


And throughout the day yesterday turkey soup was simmering away... after I roasted the carcass and cooked it down with veggies for four hours to make the stock... can't wait for turkey soup tonight!..

What do you do with your turkey leftovers?.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!