Monday, October 18, 2010

House Cleaning Sunday...

Yesterday I woke up earlyish... 8am... and hopped out of bed and started the routine weekend cleaning and laundry...  Chris had to work so I worked away at tidying the house and recovering that second wing back chair throughout the day... I squeeked in a 20 minute nap on the couch too...

Once I had the kitchen all tidied I decided to mess it up again by baking Chris a pound cake for a surprise when he got home... This is Christopher's Pound Cake:


I use my Nordic Ware Anniversary Bundt Pan for this cake recipe... Its also good in a loaf pan - the loaf slices are nice... I like that the shape of this bundt gives you big and small pieces...  This cake gets baked every now and then throughout the year... and I always bake one for Chris on his birthday...  his mom would always make this cake for him... and now that we live so far from home I bake it for him!..


The recipe for this cake is so easy... This recipe is called Christopher's Pound Cake... and sometimes I call it cheater pound cake...

Ingredients list:

1 box of golden cake mix
1 box of vanilla jello pudding mix
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
4 eggs

Directions:

Mix all ingredients and blend for 2 minutes.
Pour into greased and floured cake pan.
Bake at 350 for 45 - 55 minutes.
Once the cake springs back it's done!


See!.. easy!.. and it is tasty!.. its not to sweet... its nice and moist... it doesn't need any icing or frosting or glaze... its not heavy and its not too light... its just right... Perfect with a cup of tea!..

Linking up to a Foodie Friday Linky Party here

1 comment:

  1. Aww. You cleaned the house alone on a Sunday? Sunday’s supposed to be a rest day, but I guess you’re just one hard-working wife, and that’s why you didn’t mind it at all. Chris is a very lucky to have you as a wife! By the way, the pound cake looks incredibly delish!

    -Neil Sauers

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!