Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!..

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog


Happy Turkey Day fellow Canadians!  Just sitting down now after a feast of Turkey... all the fixins... and lots of dessert... Mmm... I got a few snaps of that but first... as promised... here is the before and after of that little table I was talking about yesterday...


Here is the table when I got it earlier this summer... I think I got it for only $5... it was that or $8...


Here are the pieces apart and being sprayed... 


The pieces after being sprayed... Milo is checking everything out...


Here is the table put back together... and in the picture below it is distressed...  Kinda hard to see it in this picture... I think it needs to be banged up a bit more on the top...



Close up shot of some distressing...  what do you think?.. too much?.. not enough?..


Close up of the little mechanism that holds the top to the post... when you unlatch it the table top flips up vertically... I'm not sure why because it isn't a very big table so it shouldn't have to be flipped up to be packed away somewhere... if you know why this little table does this please let me know!..


And a close up of one of the legs... this was my first crack at distressing a piece of furniture... I think the next piece will be easier...

Now onto the baked goods!..  I made blueberry tarts... the tarts were a press in the pan tart pastry... and the blueberries from home... the Momma brought them up to us freshly picked when she was here last... and we froze the ones we didn't use... so I used a bunch of them today...



We had them with fresh whipping cream... Ooo... they were tasty...  the Newfoundland fog just makes these blueberries the best!..  

I also made my first ever Pineapple Upside Down Cake... I was worried it wouldn't taste good...  and that it wouldn't come out of the pan...


Here are the pineapple slices in the bottom of the pan with citron bits and maraschino cherries, on top of the melted butter and brown sugar... Then the batter was poured over and it baked for 53 minutes... cooled on a rack for a few minutes and then "the flip"...


Luckily I have a glass bottom spring form pan... I didn't need to undo the spring... as soon as I turned the pan over we watched the cake drop!.. it was instant and all together!.. success!..


This cake was very easy to make and very tasty!.. Yum!.. I'll definitely be making this one again!..  There is something very 50's about these cakes... they're just so charming...

Did you bake anything for Thanksgiving?..

Oh hey I'm linking up to a pile of linky parties!.. Join in the fun!..  Here is who I'm linking up to:


16 comments:

  1. Your table is adorable all painted up! Way to go!! Your Thanksgiving treats look amazing as well...yummm!! Happy Holidays to you! I'm so excited to be your newest follower and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your fun finds every Friday at my Fabulous Finds Party! Hope to see you there!!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little table. I've never seen one like it. You did a great job with the finish. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!~ Welcome to my party and welcome to blog land. First off, Happy Thanksgiving, my favorite time of year. Your table looks wonderful, as does your yummy desserts. Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find...ana a fantastc makeover! Coming over from Debbie's B & A Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! And thanks for popping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the table looks unique and the tarts looks yummeylicious! thanks for sharing
    xo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. The table has very nice lines. Will be interesting to see how you use it. Hope you'll stop by and see our upholstery effects. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table is amazing!! You did a great job on it. Those tarts look delish. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    God Bless,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute table! did you use glaze to distress it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the table! Exactly what I want in my house. Now you have made me so excited for my own Thanksgiving which is waaaaay too early to start getting excited!
    I think the distressing job is great. I feel like one should always err on the side of not enough distressed, because a piece of furniture can easily become more distressed in a busy house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks wonderful. But I must be honest the food looks even better- maybe it is because I am hungry or that our Thanksgiving is weeks off. Anyway - you did a great job.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I am your newest follower and I must say... your table is FABULOUS! The distressing looks perfect and your food DEELISH!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love that pretty little table, and your food is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my fellow Canadian,
    I think you did a fabulous job on your table. I am doing a little side table over right now myself. It's just waiting to be distressed. Your blueberry tarts look scrumptious; I want one! Have a nice day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. The food looks great and so does the table. Great make over!

    I hope you can stop by my blog and show off your project to my readers on my Show Off Sunday Party.

    http://houseofthriftydecor.blogspot.com/2010/10/show-off-sunday-party_24.html

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!