Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saturday Evening Hookah's...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Popped into the tattoo convention yesterday to visit Alicia...  Got to see Ryan Stock lift a keg using fresh piercings that AmberLynn poked through his forarms... big safety pin type things... EEP!..  Then we checked out the tattoos being done and the merch being sold...

THEN... we took Alicia with us and headed out for supper with our foodie companions!.. Neibs Amy and Brendon...  We went for supper last night at this little place called Spiro's.  Looking at the outside doesn't make you very confident in the meal to come but once you walk inside the space is blocked with customers... sitting at tables eating and waiting for their takeout or waiting for seats...  and the food smells are reassuring that you're definitely in for a good meal...  The restaurant is tight and cozy... the decorating is way over the top but just adds to the cozy factor I think...


Some major ball dropping took part again here on my part... big cam was out in the car and I only had the iPhone on hand... and it wasn't until after we laid into the appys that I remembered to take a few snaps...  We started with Saganaki Cheese... Kalamari...  Taramosala... and piles of pita... Everything was delish... 


I thought to grab a few snaps of us all while the meals were arriving...



Gotta love a Saturday night that involves good food and good friends...


I had the baked spaghetti... with two meatballs and a giant slab of toast...  the noodles looked a little overcooked... they were so fat... but it tasted great and the texture was good...


Alicia had a Spanakopita and this pizza above... their crust looked amazing!.. and tasted amazing... the guys had a monster XL pizza... and Amy the Dolmades... I tried to try one but they're cold.. I just couldn't do it!.. she said they were delish!..


And as full as we were... and we have leftovers in the fridge today to prove it... there was still room to try out their desserts and for a couple cups of tea...  homemade cheesecake and baklava... yum and yum... 


Definitely two thumbs up for this meal!..  And I have to tell you that the waitresses were very nice and very helpful... and there was one lady who checked on us a few times... I got the feeling that perhaps she was an owner... she commented on the amount of gub we ordered a few times and took care of our left overs for us quite promptly... she had a warm smile and you could tell she genuinely cared how your meal was...

Then we went to check out Mirage... a restaurant and hookah bar over on 10 Ave SW... A&B said that the food there is great... but we were all so full we couldn't even think about eating... we went for the sheesha!..


Excuse the dark shots... luckily I bought the big cam in but it's so dark inside... I was on 1600 ISO and using shutter speeds that required the subject to stay still!..  I need to get some faster glass... 50mm 1.4 is what I really want to get... perhaps I'll have to rent it a few times to test it out to make sure that its the one!..


We got there earlyish... 9:30ish... luckily we got there at that time... shortly after we arrived it started filling up and it filled up fast!.. and there was a singer... very neat!.. there was one long table that had to have had at least 15 hookah's going down it... I really wanted to grab a snap but I didn't think it would have been appropriate...



Between the five of us the flavors we got were Double Apple, Guava and White Grape, and Orange and Vanilla...


Usually there are no photos of me because I'm the one snapping all of the shots... but I was taking so many that the camera was grabbed and a few shots of me taken!..


I loved the atmosphere in here...  It seemed like most of the people at the different tables and at the bar all knew each other... lots of handshakes and hugs... and once the music really started people were clapping and dancing in their seats... just as we were leaving a group of men had gotten up to dance...




Definitely need to head back here for more sheesha and with some faster glass... there are some awesome smoke shots to be had... and next time we're aiming for one of the couch areas... the only thing that could make the whole place more relaxing is chilling out on their couches and a game of cards... you can ask for cards there and they have packs behind the bar...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!