Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stripping and Recovering...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Here are a few more "projects in the works" shots... the first three photos are from earlier in the week... I tea dyed one of the three free books that I got...  I think it'll need a few more dippings and perhaps some paint...


Steeping a tea bag in a plate of water...


Then I dipped all of the edges... then the front and back... then the edges again...


Yesterday while recovering the second wingback I began the process of stripping the chair I picked up for $5... yes $5... last weekend...


Here it is with the the stripper painted onto it...


I let it sit... then out came the scraper... scrape... scrape... scrape...  Then I broke out the sander...  I need to pick up a sander that has the small triangle sanding head on it so I can get in corners and tight spots...  


I can't wait to finish sanding this beauty!.. and I can't wait to get it all painted up and stained!..


And as you can see I've gotten the second chair all refoamed and rebatted... Going to work on the fabric now after the next post about last night...  Cleo of course was helping mostly sleeping on the pile of batting on the floor...


1 comment:

  1. OHMYGOODNESS ~ what a brave gal you are with those wingback chairs! I can't wait to see them finished ~ I'm thinking they're gonna shine!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!