Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Recap...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Other than refinishing the wooden chair this weekend I decided that it would be a good idea to take everything out of the sewing room closet...



And then I pulled out the shelf that was in there and patched all of the holes and painted the closet with that Sea Salt paint that I had picked up for the table set I'm going to redo... good thing I did... turns out that it is much white than I'd like for the kitchen table!.. but perfect for this closet... makes it much brighter inside...


I haven't found a solution that I'm set on for the closet yet though... so everything is still everywhere in the sewing room... I was thinking four full length shelves would be the best... wire ones so that it would help to keep the closet light... only the only pieces I've found to outfit the closet like that are super expensive... so I've got to look around some more to see what's around...

After a few coats of paint and a big messy room around me I felt very overwhelmed...  So after a bit of chilling out on advice of Chris we got ready and headed to the mall to do some Christmas shopping... I feel so behind...  Usually by now I've got just about everyone's presents sorted out... not this year!..  We got a couple family members looked after now though... 

On the way home from the mall we stopped at Sea in MacKenzie Towne for some fish and chips... Mmm... its always good in there...  and its always packed in there!..  We got the special that was on... a mug of chowder with garlic toast and the two piece fish and chips... and we ordered popcorn shrimp too... we should have shared a fish and chips because we ended up with a lot of leftovers... but that was okay because it made for an easy lunch yesterday!...


The chowder is very nice... there were bits of zucchini... I think... in it... It didn't look the most appealing... the pieces of zucchini...  but I tried them and they just added a little something to the chowder!.. We'll definitely be going back for some bowls of chowder as the weather continues to get colder!.. Mmm...



The pieces of cod are long and skinny... they look kinda funny and I'd much rather one medium piece of fish as opposed to two skinny pieces...  less batter more fish... but it tasted great... Mmm... tartar sauce... Ooo... speaking of tartar sauce... yesterday when Chris and I were having the last bit of fish and chips for lunch Chris made us some tartar sauce... it was yum!..

Saturday night Chris and I had a stay in movie night... we picked up lots of snacks... ringalos... chocolate covered almonds... beef jerkey... popcorn...  I love movie nights at home!..

As you know from the post below part of Sunday was spent finishing the wooden chair that I got from Pam's yard sale... And of course most of the day went to laundry and tidying...  Weekends are just not long enough... 

Oh hey... check out Leigh's blog...  I'm stealing taking inspiration from Leigh with my Monday postings... calling them Weekend Recap...

What did you get up to this weekend?..

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I think weekend recap sums up the weekend nicely :)

    The fish and chips look delicious even if they were super skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, loved your chair and wondered if you would tell me about your paint sprayer...I'm planning on getting one and don't know what type to get!!! Thanks
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. What delicious looking food! Great chair re-do in previous post. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!