Friday, September 3, 2010

Show & Tell Friday...

I'm back for Show & Tell Friday... brought to you by My Romantic Home... check it out and join in...  Today I have my familiar blue front room flower jar with some pretty tulips and a shot of ribbons and crystals... also in the front room... just some little snippits of some little gems...

Having flowers nearby really does make you feel better... I really want to keep this jar with fresh flowers all of the time... especially in the winter... I have to get some for my desk at work too... 


I love ribbons and bows... the front room needs more... these are tied around the top of the tall bell jar that still needs something to inhabit it... 

Keep an eye out this coming week... my Mom arrives tomorrow!.. and I have the week off of work next week... we are planning on working on a pile of fun stuff... bottling salsa and cherries and whatever else we think will be good for Furs and I to have over the fall and winter... we may do some garden work - move out the front garden... though I'm not sure about that because the lilac bushes took quite a beating from the hail and I'm thinking moving them now might just damage them more... We have to work on our BOM quilt... there are a few blocks left to be designed and then put together... and whatever else we can think of... I'd like to make a fall wreath for the front door and get some more mums for the second planter out front...

Oh and I made that Oriental Shrimp Noodle Soup last night... I was missing a couple things and had to improvise but it turned out good...


And nothing got cleaned or even tidied in the house last night... we ran the dishwasher through... that was it!.. so tonight the cleaning marathon begins!.. Oh!.. and I have to bake a 6 layer velvet cake for the Momma!.. she's requested a cake be sitting there waiting for her when she arrives!.. I picked up all of the ingredients yesterday evening... well I forgot the buttermilk... so a quick stop at the store on the way home and I'll be set...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!