Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More Quilt Progress...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog


LOOK!.. I'm excited and not excited at the same time...  I got about half of the quilt top sewn all over with loops and stars...  Some Most of the lines are not nearly as smooth as I would like them to be... I know that a big part of the problem is my speed... I'm sewing way too fast most of the time... but I'm also have trouble moving the quilt around... I have the proper foot and the quilting plate on to block the feed dog... I think the quilt is a bit too thick as well... maybe if the feed dog dropped instead of a plate going on top of them that would leave more room... but the quilt batting is one layer of that puffy batting... if it was that really flat off white batting I think I could get it moving a little more smoothly... or perhaps I should have used a flannel sheet as the batting, or even one of the vellux blankets I have in the basement...  Here are a couple more snaps of the quilt... Do you have any advice for me to make this free motion sewing go more smoothly?..



I was really worried about sewing all over the appliqued part... but I just really have to focus and sew slow and move slowly...


Hopefully I can get this part of the quilt finished tonight and then tomorrow night sew on the binding and then start hand sewing the binding around... I can bring it to work Friday morning then to finish hand sewing the binding on... that'll burn up my hour here before work starts pretty quick... and my lunch hour too...

Did you watch Glee last night?.. I had it on when I was working on the quilt... it was good... tonight I'll watch Survivor while sewing... did you watch last week?.. I missed it and have been waiting for it to pop up on VOD but it hasn't appeared yet...  Was it any good?..  Guess I'll see this evening what this season is like...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!