Friday, September 17, 2010

Quilt Progress...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog


OMG some total creeper sent me a FB message asking me if they could buy the leggings that I am wearing if they are tights!.. WTF!?.  That's creepy!..  

I worked on my quilt last night!.. The top is all appliqued and put together!.. I plan to finish it this weekend...  I have some photos too!..  I'm going to share these for my Show and Tell Friday




I used different stitches for the different parts... I just discovered that my new machine doesn't have an un-angled blanket stitch... but it has two angled ones... one one way and the other the other way...



I think the variety of stitching makes it look more folk art-y.  And there will be various sized red buttons sewn onto the quilt to look like holly berries... 









I'll get a better shot of the quilt laid out flat once I get it tacked to the batting and backing... then the free motion sewing will begin... I think I might draw the pattern that I want to sew all over it on in sections and work on it that way at first...


I plan to get this finished this weekend... its time to get working on Christmas presents... only 99 days until Christmas!..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!