Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Recap...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

I'm still around... time has just been flying by... work has been busy of course... and now this weekend I've been trying to get all of the planting finished before everything really takes off... ...with the exception of the second hedge... that'll come in June some time...  

Thursday I'm heading home for a week for a visit!.. WHOOT WHOOT!.. and the weekend after I get back is the Vintage Chicks Sale in Priddis... so it'll be the second weekend in June before I really get a chance to do any major yard work again... and no garage sale hunting until then either... 

A couple of the neibs went out garage sale hunting this Saturday... and I couldn't partake because I was getting my hair did at 9am... BUT!.. Amy found me these items:


The green table with the weathered wood top... galvanized pot... and little glass greenhouse... I was thinking of a little touch up work and then onto the Vintage Chicks sale with it all... but I don't think I can part with the set... its a set to me... it just goes together...  and I don't think I can part with any of it...

I've gone made with lavender... pictures another day... but I have the back garden lavenders coming back from last year... two planter boxes on the patio... two planters out on the front steps and then a little gathering of them in the front garden... and a few in the house... 


I found this pot at Winners... and guess what... I've planted a lavender in it... and it is sitting on the kitchen counter...

In the garden things are really starting to come to life...


  

...double flowering plum...
 

...silver mound... and the white fuzzy antler looking thing...


...purple corn flowers...


...peony's... I planted these today...


...and here's a shot of the lavender that I have everywhere... they're called Anouk Lavender...

I was just at work for a couple hours... to get a head start on the week ahead... its been a windy weekend... so it was pretty cool... lame... I was hoping for some hot weather this past weekend... this week is supposed to be great!.. fingers crossed the weather gets nicer back home... right now its supposed to be raining on the day that I arrive...

Now  we're packing away the last of the laundry... gonna have some snacks and chill out and watch some tube...

What were you up to this weekend!?.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!