Saturday, May 21, 2011

Back in Newfoundland...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

I'm back on the Rock!.. It was a loooong flight!..


The flight from Calgary to Toronto was packed... then I changed planes in Toronto... and that flight was packed too...  most everyone on that second flight had a Newfoundland accent!..

After I landed we stopped at Velma's for breakfast/lunch and then stopped into TVAL for some delicious soap treats... then a three hour drive to my parent's place... Once we got in we had a lobster feast at my parent's neighbours... YUM!.. there were salads and other sides too... but I just had lobster!.. 

Around lunchtime today... before the Momma and I headed out to do some shopping a pile of crabs legs was delivered to the house... fresh from the ocean... they were cooked right away and we had a snack of crab...


...droppin 'em in the pot...



They were YUM!..


A couple of them were covered in barnacles...


I scraped a bunch of the barnacles off and saved them... Not sure yet what I'll use them for yet... but I'll use them for something... I'm hoping to find some larger ones down on the stages behind my paternal grandparents house...  or maybe at the beach... 


For supper tonight... we had Em's... I got a Centre Breast Snack Pack... with dressing and gravy...


...and a pineapple crush... YES!.. PINEAPPLE CRUSH... Mmm...


At the grocery store I grabbed a few snaps of things we don't see in Alberta...


Eversweet Margarine!..


...copious amounts of bologna... this was one of three shelves of bologna...

...then... 
I found this... I was very temped to buy it... the package looked like it was time warped right out of the 80's...


BAM!.. Bacon Wave!..

I think I'm still running on Calgary time... I'm not as sleepy as I would be if it was 12:30 am back home in Calgary...  gotta catch some Zzz's though... the sun is supposed to be out here tomorrow... hopefully we'll get out to the beach in the morning!..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!