Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lazy Guacamole...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

We picked up a couple avocados at the grocery store this morning...


Having just gotten home from work... much later than anticipate... and wanting a snack I whipped up some guacamole... I call it lazy guacamole because I didn't have all of the ingredients but made it anyway...

Ingredients:
3 small avocado
2 slices of onion minced
4 cherry tomatoes chopped
1tsp of minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Missing Ingredients:
chopped fresh cilantro
lemon juice


I'm not the biggest fan of cilantro... that was the one herb other than spearmint that I didn't bother to pick up at Home Depot this morning... so I didn't mind not having that to add in... and lemon juice... if I had some I would have added it... but it was good without...

To make the guacamole I mashed the avocados in a bowl with my pastry blender and then stirred in the onion, garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper... and that was it... a super easy and a not to bad bedtime snack... its home made and not processed and packaged and only took five minutes to put together... 

...and I think it took us even less time to eat the bowlful!..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!