Monday, May 23, 2011

Sad Day...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Today ended with broken hearts... the little stray that my parents cared for was struck by a vehicle and passed away...

Mr. Jingles came home with my parents cat Peaches about two years ago... for the first few months my parents couldn't get near him... but they were persistent and would put food and water under their shed for him to keep his belly full...  


The little guy was missing the tops of his ears... they had been frostbitten off... and he had no whiskers and a cloudy right eye... well with a lot of patience my parents gained his trust... he had two shelters out on their deck... the bundles of blankets inside the shelters were changed and washed regularly and he slept inside one of the huts at night... and he would now come into the house many times during the day for scratches, snuggles and his meals...  I had reports of his progress each time I spoke with my parents on the phone...   

Peaches and Mr. Jingles were good buddies... she would boss him around sometimes... and he followed her around like a puppy...  Jingles and my Dad even had a morning routine...  he would come in from his little hut on the deck every morning for his breakfast...  but he always wanted to get back outside every evening... he never went too far at night though... just out to his cozy hut...  he was the sweetest boy... so chatty... still a little nervous if you moved too quickly around him inside of the house... but he was full of love...

Jingles had come a long way... he had a great set of whiskers now... he had learned to purr... I remember meeting him for the first time two Christmas' ago... he was so much less skittish now than he was a year and a half ago... 

...two nights ago he came in for a bite to eat and some scratches before I headed to bed...  he rubbed his head on me and he rolled over for scratches as I sat on the floor with him...  last night he got a dose of flea medicine... he wasn't very impressed with that and went back outside right away... but shortly after he was back in for another bite to eat and to have a little lie down on his bed by the patio door...

 

I took these pictures just this morning... while the Momma and I were out in the yard... Peaches and Mr. Jingles were out enjoying the sunshine with us... Jingles was laying under the wild rose bush and Peaches was sprawled out under the big tree...
   
Mr. Jingles wouldn't have made it through another winter if it hadn't been for the love and care given to him by my parents...  he loved them too... it was easy to see... this sweet little one will be missed dearly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!