Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Last Couple Of Days Back In Newfoundland...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

On Friday the drive up the Burin Peninsula and out onto the Avalon Peninsula looked mostly like this:


...we had a bit of sunshine in a few spots but mostly it was pea soup thick fog...

...when we hit town it was over twenty degrees and the sun was out splitting the rocks... the Momma and I roasted as we walked up and down Water Street looking in quite a number of the shops... we dressed for the cold foggy weather... not expecting it to be as nice as it turned out weather wise... we did a bit of shopping downtown...  I'd have some snaps of my purchases but everything has been jammed into my suitcases... pictures of some of my finds when I get home... after I get some sleep...


I was kicking myself for not having brought my telephoto... again... the houses in the Battery are just amazing... but I could only get so close with the lens that I had brought... 


Yesterday evening and today it poured and was cold... but I got a few shots of the downtown houses while the sun was out yesterday afternoon...




I also got a shot of the street sign where Chris and I lived when we were in St. John's... ...before we moved to Calgary...


...I'm going to get this street sign shot printed large for the front living room wall...

Today involved much eating... and more shopping... popped into the mall today and into a couple shops downtown...

...we started with breakfast at Classic Cafe...  we had about a 20 minute wait... but it was worth it...


Their toutons are YUM!..


Om nom nom... touton....


Then once suppertime rolled around we all headed to Velma's... at my request... I couldn't leave without a hot turkey sandwich...


...and pea soup...


...and a hunk of lemon meringue pie...


...and two cups of tea...

...I was stupid full when I stopped eating...  

Now for some sleep before I head home to my Furbear and fur babies!..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!