Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tea On The Beach...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Here is a shot of the cleaned up urchins we gathered up earlier this week... There are over 40 without spines... and about 20 or so shells left with spines to be cleaned up...


Yesterday early in the day the Momma, Poppa and I went out on two quads... first we went out to Hare's Ears... for years I had heard of it called Hazures... I didn't realize it was really Hare's Ears until a few years ago...


I wouldn't drive the quad from out past where I took this picture... the edge of this rock goes straight down to the ocean...


We rode back down to Shoal Cove Beach... it was quite windy though...


This sandy beach is beautiful... Hurricane Igor wrecked the road to the beach so you can only take your car so far... but you can make it easily on a quad...


Then we headed back to Chamber Cove to the rocky beach... for a fire... and a pot of tea... 


It was windy out here too... but some cheesies got the fire going...


...the fire was hot... and the water boiled quickly...


It was a tasty cuppa tea... we brought the water... tea bags... milk... sugar... a spoon... and three cups...


...and of course I brought my Coconut Tea Biscuits from Nourish... if you are in or around St. John's stop by Nourish... I'm not just biased because one of my besties owns this place... their baked goods are delish!..


Our fire was toasty... FYI dry seaweed crackles... it sounds so good... like crackly bark on a fire...


The ocean was roaring  about 10 feet away from the fire...


Today was a low key day... After some treasure hunting back out at Hare's Ears... pictures of our finds tomorrow... after I get them cleaned up... we headed out to a couple shops and get this... I found a JunkFood t-shirt for... brace yourself... $4.66!.. nuts!...


...on the way back to St. Lawrence we stopped for wedges... Mmm... wedges..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!