Saturday, May 7, 2011

Busy Saturday...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Last night Furs and I went out for supper together at Famosa... OMG... YUM!.. I have a few photos on my phone of our food... I'll upload them tomorrow... 

Today was busy!..  good busy!.. I slept in until 7 am... I know that sounds super lame but I get up at 5 am all week so 7 am really is sleeping in for me!..  I ran down and hosed off the deck to get the grass and dust off of it... it wasn't quite warm enough to dry quickly so I worked on some book page projects until the deck was dry...  pictures once they're complete...

After about two hours I headed out and stained the deck... two coats of stain and the black boarder... I was really hoping that it wasn't going to rain today...  it was only supposed to speckle... it rained a bunch... the stain was dry... now the water is beaded up all over the deck... hopefully that doesn't harm the fresh stain... argh!.. cross your fingers for me!  


See the lovely treats above!?. I won them!.. yeah!.. at the Kingsland Farmers Market... Furs and I were there last weekend and we picked up a few things... put our receipts into the draw they were having and we won one of the 20 secondary prizes!..

Then to the mall... the shoes that I wanted to get... well... the first pair... they were too big... and are a special edition... so the sizes that they had were all that is available... and the second pair made my feet look gigantic... lame... and then I had no luck at either of the other shoe stores in the mall...


...but... all was not lost... I left the mall today with this little bundle of items... I am just about to run out of my current face wash set up so thought it was a good time to change to something that may be better... I picked up this collection of Clinique goodies!..  I'll keep you posted how it works out... the Clinique ladies were very nice and helpful...

We hit up Home Depot then on our way down South from the mall... got a new bush, grass seed, soil, some ground cover moss and some lavenders...


One of the neibs had rented a power rake and aerator so we tossed in and took the power rake for a spin on the front lawn... between Furs and I we had already raked the yard 3 times... and just LOOK at what the power rake pulled up out of the grass!.. a ton of dead grass!..  the neibs that were outside lent a hand to get all of the dead grass raked up... Then Furs spread seed all over the lawn... and he also helped me cut out the front garden so that we could move the lilac bushes out... we got two moved and then it had just gotten to cold to bare... so we cleaned up and headed in... hopefully we didn't hack the roots of the lilacs too much... yikes!..

I'm super pooped now... starting to ache from staining the deck... I used the Clinique and I like it so far... I know I know its to early to tell how it is working... but my skin feels really good... time for a run to the store to get some icecreams!.. 

More pictures tomorrow... I didn't get a before picture of the deck... it looked awful... it looked great when we got it finished so hopefully the rain doesn't wreck it overnight...

Hope you're having a great weekend!.. what have you been up to?..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!