Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

I seem to be rocking a mad case of the winter blues today... only its not winter... well it snowed a bunch this past week... and I remember this past week being more grey than blue skied... I feel like I could go to bed and just sleep until my trip home in the end of May... I cannot wait until my trip home... I miss my family... and the ocean... 

Yesterday on the way home from work Chris and I popped into Lowes to pick up a few more boxwood bushes... and we got this guy for our gardens... Usually I'm totally opposed to garden ornaments... gardens look best full of plants... just my opinion... anyway he's just so perfect that I think he'll look great tucked in between the fox gloves and double flowering plum...


We also picked up a couple herbs... garlic and onion chives, parsley and oregano... I also wanted thyme, rosemary and basil but they didn't have the largest selection of herbs available... and we picked up a couple perennials for the garden... fox gloves and something else that I can't remember the name of...  

Last night a few of the girly neibs and I had a pile of junk food and we watched a recording of the Royal Wedding... WHAT A DRESS!.. I got a few shots of our nibblies on my iphone... I'll have to see how they turned out... if they're decent I'll upload them tomorrow...

Today Furs and I had to run out and get our taxes done... that sucked... then to the mall... Oh the mall... so many things to buy...

I resisted the temptation to go into most of the shops... though I found two amazing pairs of shoes... BUT they didn't have either pair in my size... :(  Maybe another mall will have those two pairs in my size?.. hmm... perhaps I should check tomorrow before I head to work for a bit... 

I checked out Bath and Bodyworks for the first time today... Usually I'm all about Fruits and Passions but I had to run in to pick up a few things for my Momma at B&BWorks... and I left with a few things for myself...


Bath and Bodyworks was just full of sales today... and it turns out that their prices are awesome to begin with... and the store is FULL of sales associates who offer just enough help... they're not in your face but when you need one they're right there!..


These candles are AMAZING... They had two for $5 today... I was looking for the cupcake scent too but they only had that in the much larger 3 wick candles...


The moisturizing soaps, foaming soaps and hand gels were all 6 for $25 and then all of the signature items were buy two get one free or buy three get two free!.. AAAND they had a big selection of clearance 50% off items...  

Now its getting cold outside and the forecast is calling for rain and snow tonight... I've got last weeks turkey bones simmering in a pot... I roasted the bones last weekend and then tossed them into the freezer so that I could make turkey soup this weekend... I wish I could share the smell, from that pot, that is permeating the house right now... Mmm... Turkey soup... Quick trip to the grocery store for celery... some laundry and then tomorrow should bring 14 degrees and sunshine... 

What have you been up to so far this weekend!?.

2 comments:

  1. Hi fellow canadian from Sande at Souris Mb love your site and will follow it. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Thanks! Seems like most of my hits come from the US!.. now I'll have another Canadian hit! Hope you have a great weekend too!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!