Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mid Week Update

Monday wasn't that painful after all... Coco Brooks the pizza place brought us a pile of free pizza's for lunch as a promo because they just opened a new joint over on 52 St here in the Foothills Industrial.  Yeah I'm blogging before my work day begins.  Not that I know if anyone even reads this - I haven't really given any instructions on anything or given any useful advice...  Hmm...  I'll get on that - and that wasn't sarcasm - I'm serious.  Well at the very least I'll blog more about projects I'm working on, thought I guess that's what I've been doing.  Anyway the night before last I wanted some cookies, and we didn't have any in the house.  Probably sensing that I was going to ask him to go to the grocery store Chris suggested that I bake some cookies!  I didn't even think about it - I just jumped up and started - I used a very basic chocolate chip cookie recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook (I haven't had a lot of success with chocolate chip cookies but these!?  They came out looking, and tasting most excellent!  
Then yesterday morning when we were leaving the house we were greeted in the den by this:

A beautiful Lily!  I think its a double lily?  Today though the flowers a dead!  Surely a sign that they want to be planted outside!  Soon!  We've got the yard almost prepped for sods, we measured up the back yard and worked on a couple spots that haven't gotten turned over and raked yet.  A bit more work out there tonight and it'll be ready for sod!  Well we're going to throw down some compost and peat and rake it into the dirt right before we sod.  I'm ordering the sods at lunch today for Saturday delivery - I hope they're green!  I guess we'll see on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!