Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer's Almost Over...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

The weather has been super beautiful all weekend... BUT the mornings and evenings are getting cooler every day...  

This summer I'm not feeling the most motivated to create... or refinish pieces for the Vintage Chicks sale next June!.. I'm trying to soak up as much sunshine as possible before another long cold winter sets in!.. I know it'll be a few months before that but I feel like I'm going to get busy once the days cool down... I get really nesty in the fall... lots of home food cooking... baking... canning... more talk about that in a few weeks when the weather cools down!.. 

Yesterday Cranberry Place went to X Fest!.. Three sets of neighbours headed down to Fort Calgary for the day... 


Lots of beverages early on...


...and MINI DONUTS!.. OM NOM NOM NOM...


...the weather was beyond fantastic...


...yikes!.. I need a bang trim... hmm... maybe I'll start growing them out?.. I'm thinking of going back to my natural hair colour next weekend... 



Everyone down there was in a good mood... dispute the super long food and port-a-pottie lineups... and the beer tents running out of some beverages...


Music festivals are definitely an awesome place to be if you like to people watch!.. ...unfortunately both my point and shoot and iPhone batteries died early in the day :(

I couldn't bring my dslr... they were doing bag searches and that was on the list of things not allowed in...


I bet this girl has the craziest tan today...


Weezer and Jane's Addiction were awesome!.. I didn't expect them to be that good live but they were wicked!..


When we got food in the evening we had a huge stockpile... we ended up giving some away because we were all stuffed...


The food was what you expect of "street meat"... the lemonade!?. TASTY!.. it's the same lemonade that you get at the Saddledome...


Once the sun went down it got chilly... we got home late and I fell asleep quickly... this morning I woke up at 8... threw some laundry in the washer and then hopped back into bed... AND SLEPT TILL 10:30!.. whoot!.. I'm getting better at sleeping in!.. haha

Today neibs A&B, Furs and I went to Race City to check out the Drift Competition... lots of pictures to come tomorrow... We would have stayed right to the end but it was 30 degrees out... hot hot hot... we needed to get out of the sun!..

I've also got a recipe coming in the next couple of days... I made seafood chowder for supper this evening and made sure to document the process for you!..

What did you get up to this weekend!?.  I hope you had a good one!..

xo
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!