Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Newfoundland Trip Recap...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

We got into Deer Lake Saturday afternoon at 130pm... left Calgary at midnight Calgary time... Saturday night was Chris's Sisters's stagette... so I went to bed Sunday Morning at 4am... Chris brought all of the stagette goers home... after a trip to Louis Gees pizza at 330am... so we were awake for about 28 hours...  Sunday was major sleep in day... 

Monday... Furs and I road tripped with Jon...


...we went to Big Stop for lunch... but it was packed... so we got some road sammiches...  Nom Nom... haha... yep... bologna sammich...


...we headed on up to Norris Point... I had been stoked to go to this restaurant on the wharf... but was quite disappointed... they have such an opportunity to showcase some amazing food... but instead they offer very little... and nothing really "home cooked"... LAME...


...I had cod nuggets...

I really wanted to go sea kayaking... but there was a large group out by the time we go there... and they had rented all the rain coats... of course it was raining...


...so we found these beauties... EMERGENCY PONCHOS!..


...these are beyond stylin...  so instead of sea kayaking we went canoeing on a small pond...
...hahaha... I wouldn't bring my camera out in the canoe... or phone... for fear of going overboard with it... Chris and Jon almost bailed a couple of times... I had my own canoe... made out okay!..


...it was grey and chilly though... we would have frozen to death if we had gone sea kayaking...


These hand carved beauties are in a gift shop in Rocky Harbour... The lady at the shop couldn't tell us who made them... other than that it was someone out on the East Coast... brutal!.. I want to know who makes these... I didn't buy one but am wishing that I had... check out the mummers at the bottom left!..


There were pre wedding things... and lots of wedding things happening during the week and the weather was rainy a lot so we didn't get out and about a lot... went to Aromas a few times with my parents... for some good home cooked grub... hot turkey dins... turkey soup and rolls...


...and wicked pie!..


I think we were out just about every night as well... of course lots of Blue Star was ingested...


And more Aromas... breakfast!..


...fried bologna... Mmm...


I went out with the Momma a few times as well... we hit up the Mall... and the flower shop out in Little Rapids... dad golfed a bunch... rain and shine!..


...waiting for the Momma to try on a dress...


...the day of and the day after the wedding were beautiful weather days... here's an iPhone shot looking out the bay...


...it was beautiful and warm... so Furs and I headed out to Pasadena beach for supper at the Oasis Bar and Grill...


...as soon as we sat down it started to pour... we didn't even get a chance to set foot on the beach!..


...apparently they had been off the hook busy all day there...


...I couldn't resist one more hot turkey sammich!.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!