Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lazy Weekend...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

After a long work week and a few Friday afternoon drinkies with the work gang I was just wiped out...  I think I was still awake at 8:30... but not long after that I was out like a light!..


Yesterday Furs and I both just lazed around the house... watched movies... we didn't go out anywhere until the evening when we went for a drive to get a tea and check out all of the snow that had fallen... We must have gotten a foot of snow since Friday evening!..

The sun it finally out shining again today so I don't mind all of that snow!..  Today we've been farily lazy too...  I have a Bacon Cheddar Tart in the oven now... I'm going to start trying a few of the recipes from the Michael Smith recipe book that I got for Christmas... and there is a nice hearty stew on the stove simmering away... I though about baking... and tidying the sewing room but I don't know yet if I have the energy... perhaps a lazy Sunday nap is in order?..  If I get up to anything I'll be sure to take some snaps... in the mean time check out the Bacon Cheddar Tart in progress... 


I didn't have a non stick pie pan... so I'm hoping that the bacon won't be baked onto the glass pie pan...c'mon bacon grease!.. save the day!..


I only got a snap of the last and ugliest layer that I did... there were three layers of potato... with onions and cheese in between each potato layer...


All wrapped up... it looks like a bacon bomb...


Here it is all ready to go into the oven for the afternoon!..  Fingers crossed that not having a non stick pie pan won't wreck the final result... 

What have you been up to this weekend?..

UPDATE:

So just as I was falling asleep for a nap... BEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP... the Bacon Cheddar Tart was done!..  and success!.. it did not stick!.. I had to drain the pie pan then put it onto a plate and then put it back onto a flat pan on some parchment and laid it in the oven to crisp up the bottom a little... 



And now it just came out of the oven... and its sitting setting up now... in about fifteen minutes we'll be cutting into it... OM NOM NOM NOM... of course I'll have a couple shots of that to add later...  

Then perhaps a short nap... :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh now that looks yummy...very naughty but yummy...

    Enjoy your nap :)

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saying hi as I haven't seen a post from you in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was nothing with it... no sides... it wasn't the appetizer... it was a stand along meal in all its bacony potato-y cheesy goodness...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!