Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend Finds... and Weekend Refinishing...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Yesterday morning was cold and grey... but we put on a couple layers and headed out to check out a couple of garage sales in a community nearby... they were having a parade of garage sales... okay... I checked out most of them... Furs isn't the biggest fan of "treasure hunting"...

I found a few things and have already begun their transformations... I've picked these up for the Vintage Chicks Sale next weekend!..  This sweet planter isn't 100% complete yet... I have to plant the pansies and to add a few ribbons...


I also found two of these demilune tables... I just found out... via google... that they're called demilune tables... I started working on one of them today... The plan is to finish this one today... and to start the second table...

 

I started the process of refinishing this table by giving the surface a scratch over with some fairly fine sandpaper... to give the surface some tooth... I used my Black and Decker Mouse Sander for the flat areas... so the sanding would go quicker!.. then two coats of Rust-Oleum Primer and a nice heavy coat of Rust-Oleum Painters Touch...

I'm now in the process of sanding the table by hand... all over to give the surface a distressed... weathered appearance... then onto the second table... can you guess what colour that one will be!?. I was thinking a bright red... or a baby blue... but it'll end up cream...


I also found these two items on the "treasure hunt"... I'll be keeping the cake stand... I think a pineapple upside down cake would look sweet on there... 


And check out the decorative birdcage!..  I was like STOP THE CAR!..
I've got a sweet little fern to go inside of there!..


The weather today is supposed to be beauty... fingers crossed for no wind so that I can work outside... for now I'm head out onto the patio for a cuppa tea... I'ma have to head back in... later on to prep my tags for the Vintage Chicks next weekend!..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!