Sunday, July 3, 2011

Weekend Recap...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Meant to blog all weekend... but I was out in the sunshine... and I know that the weekend isn't officially over but I'm about to change over the laundry and go hop in the tub... get my head ready for Monday!..

The weather was beauty all weekend...  Friday... neib Amy and I ran out and she picked up a pair of rollerblades... too bad someone didn't ask us if we needed assistance earlier... we were trying on the wrist guards backwards!.. Baaahahha... I have a few iphone photos of that adventure... 


We went to a trail that you get to from 52 Street SW and the train tracks below 90th Ave...  We went west... it was sorta sketchy... a few people were living on the side of the trail in the trees in a pile of sleeping bags...  And on the way back!?. a guy was stood up on the side of the trail taking a leak... AKWARD!.. Its an okay trail but I think next rollerblading trip we'll be checking out parts of Fish Creek Park...  do you know anywhere that's good for rollerblading in the SE?..


Friday evening one of my work peeps popped over for a BBQ... a huge pile of food got cooked... I was too busy cooking to get photos... only this shot of the Apple, Peach, Strawberry Crisp in progress...


I'm so glad I bottled as much as I did the past couple of Falls!.. Makes for and easy and delicious dessert... 

Most of the neibs were out for some fireworks... except for the contrary ones that came out to complain and threatened to call the police!.. there were some neighbourhood kids out with their parents just to watch the fireworks!.. 


Check out my running outfit... Saturday AM... of course I was up at the crack of dawn... Neib Amy and I headed out for another run... It was great!..  I always jump up on top of the toilet seat in the morning before heading out to work to check out my shoes with my outfit... We ran for almost an hour... there was a bit of walking and a super steep hill climb... 

...Today I'm a little achy from the lollerblading one day and then running the next... I planned to take it pretty easy today... and did... other than standing up for a couple of hours to bottle these beauties...

Ranier Cherries...



One sink full of cherries... the other filled with lemon water...


...my weapon of choice... oxo cherry pitter... after a few cherries I found that it seems best to pit from the bottom... so that they shoot out from where the stem connects...


These cherries are pretty... but not as sweet as Bing Cherries... I'll bottle a batch of those in August... once we're back here from our trip home...


10lbs of cherries ='s about 460 cherries... yeah... I counted...





Last year bottling was much easier because the Momma was here to help... once pitting was complete it was bottle washing and boiling time...


...made a light syrup for these...


...oh... if you bottle things... GET AN OVE GLOVE!.. it's the bees knees!.. I know... NERD!.. but it is so useful... you can get a good grip on the hot bottles... and not burn your hands off...


They turned out beautifully... the syrup has turned light pink and the cherries have all lightened up a little... 

...and because I'm a sucker for punishment... I just can't sit down and chill out at all... I tried this "healthy" recipe that I found on the BodyRock website...


If you look at the Portobello's to the far right I scooped out the brown part of the mushroom too... those ones were better than the ones with that brown left in after they were cooked...


I followed the recipe exactly... they were not bad at all...  though I still prefer some form of bread crust...


...oh... instead of using spray on the pan I used parchment... 


...next time... I'll leave off the fresh parsley... turns out I'm not a big fan...


...THEN... I made this pizza with a crust that Furs and I picked up at Superstore yesterday...


I'm not the biggest fan of tomato sauce... so I used pesto...


...then some garlic... diced tomatoes... and leeks...


...a few cut up chicken breasts... that had been BBQ'd... some pine nuts... I'll toast those in a frying pan next time before putting them on the pizza... and some parmesan cheese... then I threw the thing on the BBQ for about 8 minutes... really it was on there just until the bottom was done... I turned it once...


...OM NOM NOM... it was gooood!..


...now tub... then movies in bed!.. How was your long weekend!?

Oh... I almost forgot... BRING IT ON MONDAY!..

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!