Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lamest Blogger Ever...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

I've turned into a lame ass blogger... one blog posting a week... that's lame... maybe its because it's summer... or that I've been feeling blue lately...  I haven't been working on any projects... well except for the paper stars that I started before my birthday in hopes of having a sweet star string of lights up that evening... I got three out of ten stars completed... 

Last week I fell asleep early most nights... nothing major going on... This weekend was pretty low key... that was nice... restful... yesterday we woke up bright and early because I think we were both asleep before 8 Friday night... I was just pooped... bright and early yesterday we headed up to the hobby shop for Furs to pick up some RC car parts... and then to the mall... Southcentre... I picked up some more Clinique and some Birkenstock Giza's... 


I've been lovin' the Clinique skin care line... I was starting to run low on the facial soap and clarifying lotion so I picked up more of that and then added the pore refining serum to my repertoire... today is only day two using it but it seems to be working already!..

...we ran into KIX in the mall... and I asked about the slim chucks... they're supposed to be getting some in for the fall!.. Whoot!.. While I was there I saw this Chuck monster... size 17!    the striped Toms next to the Chuck are a mens size 9... GIANT CHUCK... should have got a shot of my size 6 foot next to it...


Our Kitteh's have been soo snuggly lately... you can't sit down without them sitting onto of you... and they've both been getting on the bed at the same time... which is not normal for these two!.. works for us though... LOVES some kitteh snuggs...


Watched a pbs thing yesterday afternoon while I was couch potatoing...  a dr. fur-something guy was on there talking about eating healthy and micronutirents and how if you truly eat what your body needs it can help prevent and reverse heart disease and other health issues... 


His big things to eat were... GOMBS... Greens, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries/Beans and Seeds... and then he was also saying that a salad should be your MAIN dish!... sounds good-ish to me... Last night I had a giant spinach salad with tomato, apple, mushroom, blueberries, poppy seeds and pine nuts... This evening my salad... pictured above... consists of spinach, lettuce, watermelon, finely chopped white onion, blue berries, half an orange squeezed all over and the half orange cut up and thrown in, a mushroom and pine nuts... and surprisingly its is TASTY... yeah... even the raw onion...  raw onion and watermelon together are good!..

Oh I did do a little gardening  yesterday... I made the back garden a little larger and moved over the silver mound and lavender that were overgrown and taking over some other plants... the silver mound looks like it's dying now... think it needs some water... its been hot all weekend... 

Got a few shots of the garden on my dslr... too lazy to upload them... all photos above are iPhone shots... 

Oh... back to the healthy salads thing... its an easy way to get a pile of super healthy foods... all at the same time... and shit if the salad is big enough it is super filling... I'm going to try to eat at least one large ass salad a day AND I'ma try to cut out unnecessary sugars... should probably warn my coworkers that I might sugar rage out... I've got a sugar addiction... gotta kick it... that shits bad for you!..

We're heading to the West Coast of Newfoundland in just 12 days... Stay tuned for some bloggy goodness from Newfoundland... and lets see if I can unlame my blogging in the meantime... 

xo

2 comments:

  1. Your GOMBS salad sounds delicious! My doctor told me about a very similar diet and I have been trying to follow it...not easy but definitely healthy! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not easy indeed!.. I've fallen off the wagon... well I guess its sorta hard to expect anyone to go salad crazy... so I'm just trying to increase the veggie intake... and be more conscious of eating garbage foods...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!