Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lazy Long Weekend...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

I don't know what it is... why I can't sleep in... its wasn't the sunshine this morning... I had my sleeping eye patch thing on... perhaps it was because I sensed that it was bight and beautiful outside... not that I'm outside... but if the sun is up so am I!.. 

Yesterday morning I harvested some lavender from the garden... last year's tiny lavender are this years large lavender... I can't wait to see them next summer!..


The plan is to dry them out... but first I thought I'd get a few days of them in some water... Oh yeah... check out the sweet jar... picked it up at winners for... um... something like $3... saw them yesterday... exact ones for $10 a piece!.. yikes!.. how do placed so drastically differ in price!?.


The Orchid in the kitchen has sprouted a new stalk off to the side... its reaching towards the sunlight that comes in the back door...


And I've got some potted mossed now in the front room... in an old tool carry box thing... I picked up some picket fence slats at the Vintage Chicks sale with the intention of making some old tool carrying boxes... 

This all started today with snapping a couple iPhone shots of the lavender and orchid... and they were crap quality... so I pulled out the dslr with the big lens and I retook those shots and then a few extras... like these two... can't pull out the came without these two fur babies making an appearance...


Cleo was up in a couple orchid shots... then she sat in the bright morning sun...


Milo is the ultimate pose machine... he sits and looks one way... then holds... then turns... then holds... such a little man!..

Then I looked over next to the kitchen island and this is what is sitting there right this moment... gave me an idea... each day... or post... it might be neat to have a "self portrait" of sorts... so today this is it:


I know I said that its a lazy long weekend... I still feel the need to go clean the house!.. I just can't sit on the couch all weekend!.. and the more we get done in the house this weekend the less we have to do this coming week... this week will be busy enough with getting ready to go back to NL for a visit on FRIDAY!.. maybe tomorrow I'll get back to finishing the cushion covers on my wing backs... that I started last summer... yeah... still not done... gonna get on that!..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!