Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holidays...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

I hope that your holidays have been the most excellent!.. They've come and gone so fast!.. like my paperwhites... and this weekend we'll be ringing in the New Year!.. Do you have any plans?.. We're doing our favourite... low key... chilled out... quiet night in... pulled pork sammiches and movies... LOVE...


How was your Christmas!?.  We got up at about 5am on Chirsmtas morning... well I woke up... and then I woke Chris up... I couldn't get back to sleep... there were presents waiting downstairs!  hehe... 

We've been eating lots... good and bad... Christmas eve we had a little of both... for breakfast... 


...but for supper... prime rib roast...


Christmas Day breakfast... after presents of course... toutons!.. 


...and toast... eggs... bacon... back bacon... and tea!..


...We cooked a 15lb turkey for Christmas... along with the traditional Newfoundland Jiggs dinner... not to toot my own horn or anything... but it was my best one yet... it was to die for... and we almost died because we ate so much!.. can you say turkey coma!?.


...and of course every turkey cooked must become Turkey Soup... 


I love the holidays!.. lots of friends around... lots of food to eat!..

We've been having some beautiful weather as well... when we got home from some boxing day shopping I noticed the sun beaming in the front room... onto the birds nests!..


...of course no camera can come out without a fur baby appearance!..



...I was back to work today... thinking I should have taken these three work days off... oooohhh to be off for just a couple of more days... my head is buzzing with ideas of things I want to make... and refinish... for the Vintage Chicks Sale this coming June!..

I've been thinking about New Years resolutions too... not usually my thing at all... but I've started a list this year!.. more to come!..

xo
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!