Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hello April!...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

April is now well underway... I think this time of year every year makes me restless... I get a little homesick... its usually been awhile since the parents have visited... feeling a little cooped up from the winter... but its beautiful outdoors today... maybe raking the lawns will help?!.

The house NEEDS a good spring cleaning gutting... some new paint wouldn't go astray either... I started working on the sewing room/office yesterday evening... hauled out one bag of garbage... and there are more to come... going to store some of the supplies up there down in the basement to clear the clutter in that room... Planning to work on the basement today too... seriously it looks like a bomb went off down there... there is stuff everywhere...  These two areas of the house AT LEAST need to get sorted before I can continue working on items for the Vintage Chicks sale... which is QUICKLY approaching... The second weekend in June!.. EEP!..

While I sit here and procrastinate... see house cleaning talk above... I found a few more decent pictures from my iPhone from the end of March...


Halfway through March I decided it was time to be blonde again... Thanks Candice!.. brunette is just too serious... and I keep saying it... people are much nicer when you're a blonde!.. perhaps its because they assume your IQ is lower?.. whatever... works for me!.. ha!..


My bathroom counter when coworker and I arrived in Vegas... okay, not when we arrived... but immediately after I unloaded the contact of my toiletries case!.. We got in late and time was ticking... had to move quick...


I really wanted to photobomb more... this was really the one and only... there just wasn't time!... well this shot isn't the photobomb... this is the shot after the couple discovered that I jumped into their first shot!.. They decided a nice shot was in order!.. 


Sunday morning in Vegas... the trucks were waiting for us to arrive!.. sweet!.. they'd almost gotten stuck in a snowstorm in Montana... but they pushed on through... the main truck driver gave me a big hug when we go there!.. so sweet!... but then he told me that I looked older than I did when we were in Calgary... so curly hair equals looking young... straight hair equals OLD... NOTED!.. I walked down between the two trucks to check out the dock situation... and on my way back out was faced with the above... beauty shot!..  its the best shot my iPhone has taken in months... I CANNOT WAIT TO UPGRADE ZOMFG!.. missing photo opportunities like you wouldn't believe!.. 


Snapped a quick shot of these shiny stored drums... oh so shiny... I am easily distracted by shiny things... please don't ever be offended if you're talking to me and I completely lose concentration and point and say "OOOOooo shiny! look!"... like a crow... I'm still listening to you...


And I HAVE to share this... really... how handy... when you pee you need somewhere to put your drink... yep... bathroom stall cupholders... but really thinking it through now... its kinda gross... bathroom germs... bathroom germs on cupholders...  maybe the theory in Vegas is that they're usually holding alcoholic drinks... alcohol kills germs... haha...  still though ew...


Sunday night in Vegas... heading out to a show with the clients... leopard shoes served me well... and are still in great shape!.. the ones I picked up for the work Christmas party were DESTROYED after the Christmas party!.. 


My Christopickle and I headed to Banff last weekend... the sun was splitting the rocks in Calgary... in Banff!?. it was a snowstorm... we turned around and headed straight back to Calgary!.. 


My new clothing obsession... OBEY... fabrics so soft... I'm not usually a fan of a giant logo plastered onto the front of me.. . but this one I don't mind... the hoodie in this shot too... same brand... its everywhere in Vegas...  I expected to see much more affliction and ed hardy!.. HA!.. luckily I did not!..

Okay... enough procrastination... time to get moving here... what are your plans for today?.. tomorrow?  Easter egg hunt in your immediate future?.. we're heading to the Blackfoot Diner... again... because its sooo good... tomorrow for breakfast with a pile of my co-workers... bring on the noms!

xo
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!