Sunday, March 10, 2013

Another Project in Progress...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Last weekend finished off with a nice Lush bath… what's not to love about a Lush Bath Bomb!?…  smells… so… good!… Tonight there is no time… it's late… we're pooped… I love getting an extra hour of daylight but I dislike losing an hour!…


I could have used one of these every night last week… Let's just say I much prefer my four day work weeks to my five day work weeks… this coming week is a four day work week… yay… 

Morning elevator outfit check!… 


Friday I went in to get my hair did - it was regrowth touch-up time… and well I've been getting bored of my hair as I've been trying to grow it out… so instead of cutting it off I had it toned super purply… it'll last a week or so before it fades back out to a blond… 


So… that table I picked up last weekend… I got at it this weekend… it's not totally complete as the chalkboard paint on the top needs to cure before I can season it but here is a sneaky peak of the table in progress…


The top veneer was done like dinner… terrible water damage… so I scraped it off… sanded the underwood nice and smooth… oh… not before taking of the trim around the top edge though… luckily it was only screwed on… no wood glue to fight with… 


Of course the kittie inspector had to check everything out as it was taking place… Mew!… 


I went at this table with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Grainsack!… such a light delicate grey… 


Then, as the trim sits in a little from the edge, I threw down some painters tape to keep the very outer edge grey… then I hit the top with a couple layers of chalk board paint!… This table is gonna be cute!… 


I've got some mega chips… and the paint naturally crackles here and there… especially after being oiled down with Miss Mustard Seed's Hemp Oil… 


I'm picky… so I went in to do a little touchup here and there… The top has to cure for three days before I can season it and chalk out a design on the top… I'm going to sell this one at the Vintage sale in June… I'll chalk out something sweet and drop the piece of glass back on the top to protect it for the show… the glass will go with the table so that its owner will have the option to save their designs under glass if they wish!… 


And here is another sneaky peak… I have an amazing friend who has recently replaced their old wood house windows… ERHMERHGERD!… and guess who she bestowed these amazing old wooden windows upon!?… YEP!… meeee!… 


…check out these beauties!… eeep!… stay tuned!… 

Ooo… and I have some bird's nests coming… ya… I just said bird's nests… more to come on that too!…

OHHH!!… And I'm super excited… but I don't want to say too much yet but I have something in the works!… something exciting!… more to come real soon on THAT too!…

I hope you had a nice weekend!…

xo
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!