Sunday, November 11, 2012

Wedding Bands, Hiding Cords and Late Parties...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

I wrote this last weekend... and didn't like it... but here it is anyway!

Do you feel rested after gaining that extra hour of sleep (last weekend)!?. Even though we went out to a belated Halloween Party last night I still woke up nice and early today... then I took my time and strolled around the grocery store... There is Christmas stuff everywhere!.. yay!..  it was packed there this morning though even though it was early... I guess everyone was actually running an hour early today...

I got a shot of both of our wedding bands together!.. Just an iPhone shot... but I love it!..  we're both really happy with the rings we've picked out... Now to figure the rest of it out...


We're still thinking of our modified eloping next Fall... somewhere along the way on our drive down the California coastline... I'm thinking the best thing to do will be to Google Map the drive... check out the cities/towns along the way... search out some photographers at those locations and then check out their photos of weddings around the area... we have our rings... I want a wedding dress... and I want awesome pictures of our day... 

I'm not decided on what Christopickle should wear yet... I think the location will help us figure that out... 

Once I scope out the photogs photos I'm hoping that will help me to pick a photographer... AND location... Then once we figure out when we're roadtripping we'll work out the kms and the days and see what day we'll be landing in the location where we'll get married... I'm thinking we'll nail that down in the spring... Then here comes the modified eloping bit... We've had many friends and family members tell us to let us know when and where we're getting married because they want to be there... so we'll let everyone know the date and time... nothing major being planned... depending on how many people are planning on going we'll pick out a local restaurant for dinner on the evening of the day we get married... 

What do you think?.. any advice?.. ideas?.. thoughts?.. location suggestions?.. 

Total change of direction here now... we'd repainted the sewing/cat/office room from dark brown to a cream and we're still putting the room back together and getting it organized and things back up on the walls... BUT... with the new layout we ran into a problem... ugly looking electronics with nowhere to really go... well we ended up putting a storage unit from ikea across the wall... it will serve as a place to sit... a place to hide these electronics AND a little extra storage...

Check it out...



I put the cords in through the back end of the storage box that fits into the Expedit series from Ikea... and the router and storage thing into the box...


Lid on and BAM!..


Ugly electronics and cords all hidden away... 


The green house has taken up residence in our office... it gets a good amount of natural light... Now I just have to remember to water the plants... more photos to come as we finish up that room...


Check out this tasty treat... it's call a Stroopwaffle... one of my coworks gave it to me to try out... its a Dutch cookie that has syrup build into it... you put it over the top of your tea or coffee... well that's when the magic happens... the cookie gets soft... and the syrup oozy...


NOM!.. oozy syrup...



Wow... I really have no good way today to transition from thought to thought here today!.. HA!.. so I'll just jump right into Movember!.. are you in the MO?!. We've started a Movember team at work... so I whipped up some paper Mo's for a few of the Sista's... 


...some sturdy paper... skinny dowels... hot glue... modge podge and Martha Stewart Sparkles...




Jeans at work... still wearing 'em... yay...


OH!.. I picked up a book on Friday called the Happiness Advantage... I'm not too far through it yet but I've heard good things about it... I'll keep you posted... 


All of this leads us up to yesterday... Pickly and I went to a friends for a belated Halloween party... we had no idea what to dress up as  until we went to one of those giant popup Halloween stores... 


Aye Aye Admiral!.. I was a Pirate Admiral... and my Christopher was Harry Potter!.. we had a hoot...


...I thought I had written more past this... but it seems to have disappeared...
hmm...

Well I'm off to do some baking... YEP!.. baking for real for the first time in about two years... and I'm going at it hard... mint chocolate chip cookies... short breads and whoopie pies... I'm armed with candy cane hot chocolate and bailey's... WISH ME LUCK!..

More to come later!..

xo
Lacey



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!