Saturday, November 26, 2011

Getting Ready For Christmas...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Last night Furs and I made a quick trip to the Spruce Meadows Christmas Market... we started out with a feed of perogies... and sausages... with sour cream and fried onions and bacon... The main reason for the trip to Spruce was for the greenery for my outdoor arrangements... I got enough for two planters!.. and we also picked up a garland... 


I was pooped when we got home so left the greens on the step for the night... 

I was up at 7am this morning... had a nice cuppa tea... paid the bills... then headed outside when the sun came up... it was freezing out... I worked away for a couple of hours and above is the result!.. I even washed down the railings... swept the steps... washed the stoop ceiling because it was really dusty... and gross looking... and pulled grass up from between the walkway blocks... it warmed up later in the morning when the sun made its way around to the front of the house...

The rest of the day was spent working on giving the house a great big cleanup... getting ready for Christmas... and for the parents visit!..  worked away until about 7pm... made it through the entrance area... front room and a good half of the kitchen... tomorrow the rest of the kitchen and living room... then onto upstairs... that should go quick... and if the weather is nice we can get the last of the bushes wrapped up outside... and fingers crossed I can get an indoor holly arrangement put together... I have a bag full of holly in the fridge from Spruce Meadows!.. 

Have you started getting your house ready for Christmas?..

xo
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!