Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sparkle and Shine...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Well... I've had most of these supplies for a good 11 months now… found thrifting… the Eiffle Towers… and gifted… the Martha Stewart Glitter was in my stocking last Christmas… some Furbear loves me!.. and the German Glass Glitter I picked up this past summer on our road trip to Spokane to check out the Farm Chicks!.. well it's hit me to put them together…


Experiment with different types of glitter… as you can see the German Glass Glitter… although its the fine stuff… is still rather chunky and makes a more rustic looking ornament… then Martha's fine iridescent glitter makes a more sleek sharper looking ornament...


It was very easy… all you need is a small paint brush… heck a q-tip would work even… some white clear drying or clear glue… or modge podge… even spray glue would work… though I suspect it would get quite messy and then sparkles would be stuck to everything around you… stick to a brush and glue!.. brush it on lightly… then sprinkle your sparkles!.. 


Sprinkle your sparkles over a container or piece of paper so that you can pour them back into their container when you're all done glittering oh and don't goop on the glue you only need a thin layer now if you go too thin it'll dry really quickly trust me it's easy and you'll figure this all out rather quickly perhaps do a practice piece first to make sure you get your technique down and then you'll be sure to get the results you want!.. 


I did this quite a few years back with some small plastic animals there isn't much cuter than a gold glittered turtle really the possibilities here are endless!.. so bust out that glitter and show me what you got!..



xo
Lacey

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a Christmas ornament, I love it! I love using Martha Stewart's glitter line too, there are so many fun ways to use it! Love what you did! :o) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hooked on glittering things… and well now my office is covered in glitter!.. Merry Christmas to you too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can dot his with one of my eiffel towers! great idea!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!